Starting Friday, Los Angeles residents will be able to apply for a chance to receive $1,000 monthly payments as part of a 12-month pilot guaranteed income program.
The program, dubbed BIG:LEAP, will provide more than 3,200 people with the unconditional direct cash payments for one year.
Officials said there will be no restrictions on how the money can be spent.
In a news conference announcing the program Wednesday, Mayor Eric Garcetti called it the “the largest guaranteed basic income program anywhere in the United States of America.”
The program will begin accepting applications Friday, before the window closes on Nov. 7. Those interested will be able to apply online on bigleap.lacity.org.
- This is the Beginning of a Massive Story
- KanYe Proved on Alex Jones Show That WW2 History is Trauma Based Indoctrination
- Food Products Are Now 125% More Expensive At Walmart
- “Baal-enci-aga” Literally Means “Baal The King”
- LOL! This is how Qatari TV reacted to Germany’s World Cup exit…
- Why the Media Is Desperately Hiding the Truth About the Economy
- I Think They Will Kill KanYe After Yesterday’s Appearance on Alex Jones Show
- Here’s the most important takeaway from TwitterGate
- 10 Big Retail Stores That Will Disappear In The Months Ahead
- The next Great Financial Crisis is slouching closer