Authored by Isabel van Brugen via The Epoch Times,
A group of real estate entities on Wednesday night issued a legal challenge in a D.C. district court to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) new eviction moratorium.
Landlords, real-estate companies, and property-management groups, including the Alabama Association of Realtors and its counterpart in Georgia, argued in their emergency motion that the latest eviction order (pdf) issued by the Biden administration’s CDC, exceeds the agency’s powers, according to a statement from the National Association of Realtors.
The groups requested Judge Dabney Friedrich of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to halt the new protections, citing the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent order that the CDC could not extend the moratorium without new legislation.
The National Association of Realtors said in its statement that roughly half of all housing providers “are mom-and-pop operators” and without rental income, “they cannot pay their own bills or maintain their properties.”
The nationwide moratorium on evictions was first implemented by the CDC in September 2020 amid the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus pandemic as some tenants struggled to pay rent.
The agency announced a 60-day moratorium on Tuesday, a day after the White House said the agency lacked the authority to do so. The new eviction moratorium will last 60 days, expiring on Oct. 3.
- Biden Just Politicized 401(k)s
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Fauci Admits: ‘I Got My 2nd Vax Yesterday, & I Feel Like Sh*t Today!’
- New York Times: “Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker. James Vasquez, in fact, was never deployed to Kuwait…”
- Miami Beach braces for new spring break chaos after 2 murders in 36 hours
- US Authorities Weigh Expansion of Emergency Lending Facility Amid Banking Crisis
- ‘Largest Satanic Gathering in History’ Will Require Masks and Vaccinations
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- IRAN WAR is about to start
- FRENCH GONE WILD – Let’s have some wine while…