APD, FBI to Arrest Looters in Future with Videos, Photos
Both the Los Angeles Police Department and the FBI are using photos and videos to arrest individuals who looted or incited acts of violence during this weekend’s protests. But the move has generated concerns.
KEVIN RECTOR AND JAMES QUEALLY, LOS ANGELES TIMES | JUNE 4, 2020 | NEWS
(TNS) — Police officers have watched from skirmish lines as protesters and others stole from businesses, threw rocks, ignited fires and bashed in streetlights with skateboards.
More than 1,000 were arrested in Los Angeles, Calif., alone over the weekend, but officials said they have not given up on tracking down others.
The Los Angeles Police Department has been collecting evidence throughout the protests in recent days over the death of George Floyd, mostly in the form of video footage that could be used to identify individuals and bring charges against them in the future.
The FBI on Monday put out a nationwide call for pictures and videos that could help identify people “actively instigating violence” at protests across the country decrying Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police.
CELL PHONE DATA WILL ALSO BE TRACKED
BREAKING: Police Arrest 24-Year-Old Stephan Cannon in
Shooting Death of Retired St. Louis Police Captain David
Retired St. Louis Police Captain David Dorn was murdered on
Monday night outside of Lee’s Pawn and Jewelry in North St.
David Dorn was 77-years-old when he was gunned down by
He lay outside the store bleeding as his death was captured
on Facebook Live.
VIDEO: The Video That Can Turn People Against the Rioters/Looters – It’s Causing Many to Break Down in Tears – Just Mentioned by President Trump
“All over some TVs.” 77-year-old St. Louis retired Police Captain David Dorn was shot dead by looters when he tried to get them to stop looting a local pawn shop. pic.twitter.com/Xtvii4HoB1
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) June 2, 2020
Our highest respect to the family of David Dorn, a Great Police Captain from St. Louis, who was viciously shot and killed by despicable looters last night. We honor our police officers, perhaps more than ever before. Thank you! pic.twitter.com/0ouUpoJEQ4
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 3, 2020
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB
- Deadly Fungus Spreading Rapidly Through Hospitals
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Sending Depleted Uranium Munitions To Ukraine Is A War Crime Against The Ukrainian People
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Literally 20+ media taking images of two people