Letter from Mike Flynn’s attorney. No mention of asking for immunity.
I’d like to discuss the statement from Flynns lawyer it reads as such
General Flynn certainly has a story to tell, and he very much wants to tell it, should the circumstances permit.
Out of respect for the committees, we will not comment right now on the details of discussions between counsel for General Flynn and the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, other than to confirm that those discussions have taken place. But it is important to acknowledge the circumstances in which those discussions are occurring.
(The middle paragraph just details his career and accomplishments, the details of which aren’t important here so I’ll leave it out but you can read it in the link provided)
Notwithstanding his life of national service, the media are awash with unfounded allegations, outrageous claims of treason, and vicious innuendo directed against him. He is now the target of unsubstantiated public demands by Members of Congress and other political critics that he be criminally investigated. No reasonable person who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch hunt environment without assurances against their unfair prosecution.
Now could someone please explain to me why people think this is so huge? Especially considering the lines I’ve highlighted. I’m no legal expert but that doesn’t really sound like it’s going to be very helpful to the people who think this is the beginning of the end for Trump. I want to put this situation to bed as much as the next person and I would be equally as thrilled to have definitive evidence for any outcome of the situation, but I just don’t see how this is the “big break” or even slightly helpful. By the sounds of it Flynn wants to tell his story but is asking for immunity because of the “witch hunt” and “highly politicized” circumstances. In other words he doesn’t trust that he will be subject to fair judgement. It really looks like Flynn is gearing up to claim his innocence through and through. And for anyone who says “innocent people don’t need immunity” I say that’s extremely naive.
— FOX & friends (@foxandfriends) March 31, 2017
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- ‘Highly comical but sinister’ London LGBTQ+ flag display
- Black Privilege is Real in America
- Biden Tells NATO That the US Supreme Court is Destabilizing the World
- Things are going down in the Netherlands.
- SHTF is Here: Video Shows Detroit police officers show them fleeing shooting scene
- American Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Miserably
- Heartaches On Heartaches! US Court Ruling May Take 70,000 Truckers Off Road, Spur Jams (Diesel Prices UP 118% Under Biden, Things Just Keep Getting Worse)
- 4th of July Reminder: What the ‘Liberal World Order’ Means in Practice for all Countries Under Its Thrall.
- A Quick Word on EVs and Oil Prices