For some time liberals have been fleeing to Austin, Texas. As Breitbart reports, many BigTech workers are now getting in on this movement, too. From their report:
“Employees of tech companies in San Francisco, California, can’t leave the city fast enough, fleeing for the potential tech hubs of tomorrow such as Austin, Texas, and Miami, Florida. One former San Francisco exec said: “what else can God and the world and government come up with to make the place less livable?”
Tech workers living in San Francisco had once believed that the high rent, high taxes, long commute to work, and rude neighbors were worth it if they could live in “the epicenter of a boom that was changing the world,” reported SFGATE.
But now, in the wake of the pandemic, tech workers can’t flee the city fast enough, as spending months working remotely in other towns has shown them that the quality of life can be higher elsewhere.”
Read Breitbart’s whole story here.
The City of Austin is run by demorats. Steve Adler (demorat) is the mayor (and part of the city council). Of the other ten members on the Austin City Council, nine are demorats (yet it is officially nonpartisan).
Last August the Austin City Council voted to cut $150 million from the Austin Police Department’s budget, roughly 34% of the department’s proposed $434 million budget. Austin is full-blown joining the progressive/BLM movement.
Turns out this demorat-run city has the same problem as many other demorat-run cities (Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc.): A major homelessness problem. Take a look:
Seems that whereever progressives go, they keep electing demorats who turn once-beautiful cities into dumpsters.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB
- Deadly Fungus Spreading Rapidly Through Hospitals
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Sending Depleted Uranium Munitions To Ukraine Is A War Crime Against The Ukrainian People
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Literally 20+ media taking images of two people