Just finished watching Macron’s live French TV speech in response to the yellow jacket insurrection with my relatives.
I’ll summarise it for you guys in plain simple English:
1 hour talk about Climate change!
– Getting rid of 50% nuclear energy
– Replacing this 50% nuclear energy with renewable
– Helping French people better insulate themselves
– Helping business consume less
– getting rid of 100% of fossil fuels.
– Huge investments in research and developments
– Energy transition change must be organised at a European level
– This is not only an energy revolution, but also a new economical model for western societies.
– If people are pissed off, it’s because we have not explained things to them well enough
– Bottom line is : Saving the planet costs money – and so everyone needs to make an effort!
Agenda 21 ??? Yep, you can bet on it!