Greater Toronto Area residents are being urged to limit travel as a major blizzard continues to slam the area, forcing road closures and a delay to in-person learning for students on Monday.
By the end of the day, the city and surrounding areas could get as much as 60 centimetres of snow, according to Environment Canada.
For several hours this morning, Environment Canada upgraded its winter storm warning to a blizzard warning, before snowfall started to taper off around noon and the warning was downgraded.
The weather agency said the storm could cause serious problems in dense urban areas.
It warned of hazardous conditions with heavy snow and strong winds resulting in “widespread near-zero visibility.”
A CBC Toronto reporter out on the ground reported shortly after 6 a.m. that the snow’s falling so fast that as soon as work crews clear it, it starts accumulating again.
Gusting winds of up to 60 km/h combined with hourly snowfall of between eight and 10 centimetres during the morning could produce treacherous conditions for drivers and other commuters, Environment Canada cautioned.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB