Fed Chair Powell will speak to a Congressional Oversight Panel today at 2pm. He released his printed statement, and mentions that inflation is usually high.
“Inflation has increased notably in recent months. This reflects, in part, the very low readings from early in the pandemic falling out of the calculation; the pass-through of past increases in oil prices to consumer energy prices; the rebound in spending as the economy continues to reopen; and the exacerbating factor of supply bottlenecks, which have limited how quickly production in some sectors can respond in the near term. As these transitory supply effects abate, inflation is expected to drop back toward our longer-run goal.”
Fed speak 101. Aka, “Things got so bad, that of course prices are rising from the pit of despair.” No mention of M2 growing like a bat out of hell or Fed Mission Creep.
But how about existing home sales for May 2021? Median price for existing home sales are up 23.6% year-over-year with surging M2 money supply.
On a month-to-month basis (MoM), existing home sales median price rose 2.8% on slightly higher available inventory.
I want to think that the Congressional Oversight Panel will ask insightful questions, but that is wishful thinking. It is all Kabuki Theater.
Here is the Congressional Oversight Panel questioning Fed Chair Powell.
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- You Will Be Shocked By How Much Money Is Being Pulled Out Of U.S. Banks, And Now The Biggest Bank In Germany Is In Trouble
- Weird war in Ukraine …
- This is how awesome Real Estate investments are in hyperinflation – Weimar example
- Walls are Closing In for Alvin Bragg. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for his arrest
- Mexico ready for war against America, as 500,000 march in support of Mexican sovereignty/military intervention
- Germany on STRIKE – Largest strike in decades – No public transport, railroads, airports….everything!
- This Guy Absolutely Nails It…
- We’re Heading Into A Recession And The Machines Are Betting On A Big Market Crash
- Rothschilds took their bank private by paying out all shareholders a 28% bonus to get it done as fast as possible a few weeks before the crisis