German government coalition could fall in the coming weeks –
internal rivals of Merkel are calling for her immediate removal – Merkels arrogance has cost CDU decline in several elections now – the economic collapse comes together with her political collapse –
she will be remembered as the elephant that collapsed a successful country
German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservative Christian Democrats (CDU) lost yet another regional election, coming behind both left-wing Linke and right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD) in the eastern state of Thuringia.
It’s not the first time in 2019 that Germany’s ruling party has taken a hammering in local polls. Merkel’s CDU and its coalition partner, the left-wing Social Democrats (SPD) already saw their formerly safe lead in Saxony and Brandenburg eroded last month by the rise of the AfD.
The AfD, which surged from nothing into third place in 2017’s federal elections, took 23.8 percent of the vote in Thuringia, according to exit polls released Sunday. Merkel’s CDU took 22.5 percent. The left-wing Linke won the state, taking 29.7 percent of the vote.
At the back of the pack, the SPD took 8.5 percent, while the Greens took 5.4.
They dominated West-German politics for decades: today, a combined coalition of CDU, SPD, Greens + FDP wouldn’t even manage to reach a majority in #Thuringia!
30 years after the wall fell, far-left LINKE and far-right AfD win more than 50% of the seats. pic.twitter.com/VKdegLsXMs
— Henrik Enderlein (@henrikenderlein) October 27, 2019
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- A Full Blown US Conflict With Iran at Israel’s Insistence Is Approaching
- I am surprised a Japanese magazine would allow this to run, but it is correct…
- Inter-Bank Lending Has Stopped And We’re On The Verge Of A Crash
- “The Banks Are Melting”, And Signs Of A Major Credit Contraction Are Already Starting To Emerge
- ‘Largest Satanic Gathering in History’ Will Require Masks and Vaccinations
- New York Times: “Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker. James Vasquez, in fact, was never deployed to Kuwait…”
- Bibi Netanyahu Squashes Embarrassing Anti-Christian Bill
- The market is being held up by 7 companies