- The Twitter challenge by Chris Cuomo led to a massive response, with many recalling his dalliances with Rebekah Jones and when he violated quarantine
- The controversy surrounding the treatment of his brother on the CNN show Chris Cuomo hosts show was also referenced
- The kerfuffle began after Cuomo tweeted, ‘Problem is truth is now at the mercy of what people want to be true. If you dont like it…it isnt the truth’
- One user responded by saying, ‘The story of your life, you constantly deny facts you dont like’
- Cuomo took interest in the troll, responding: ‘Name one? Tick tock’
- One of the big targets was Chris’ relationship with his brother, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo
- Many claimed he had given favorable coverage to his sibling
- Last month, Chris Cuomo said he is ‘truly sorry’ for taking part in strategy calls advising his brother through his sex-pest scandal
CNN’s Chris Cuomo painted a target on his back Thursday when he challenged Twitter to name instances where he had denied facts that he didn’t like.
The post attracted hundreds of responses mercilessly the Cuomo Prime Time host.
One of the big targets was Chris’ relationship with New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, which has resulted in accusations of favorable coverage and suppressing negative stories.
‘Pretty much anything related to your brother’s governorship,’ one Twitter user wrote in response to Cuomo’s challenge.
Many, keen to take a swing at the CNN journalist, avoided the question and brought up Cuomo’s questionable behaviour such as the time he violated the pandemic lockdown despite reporting on it on his show.
‘You broke quarantine while actually sick with COVID,’ Karol Markowicz tweeted.
They also mentioned Rebekah Jones, the Florida health data scientist and self-proclaimed whistleblower who appeared on Cuomo Prime Time several times but whose credibility has been questioned.
The Twitter storm began after Cuomo tweeted, ‘Problem is truth is now at the mercy of what people want to be true. If you dont like it…it isnt the truth.’
One user responded by saying, ‘The story of your life, you constantly deny facts you dont like.’
Cuomo took interest in the troll, responding with this challenge: ‘Name one? Tick tock.’