“That was just proven in a local board of elections meeting in Bladen County, North Carolina, on Tuesday when three Democratic members of the board voted down a proposal to add the Pledge of Allegiance to the agenda.
The vote prompted an audience-member-led recitation — and the Democratic chairwoman threatened to call the police if anyone did the same at the next meeting, according to the Washington Free Beacon.
According to the local Bladen Journal, Thompson had been appointed to her position as chair of the County Board of Elections by Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper, and the governor’s office was asked about what had transpired at that meeting regarding the pledge.
Republican North Carolina Rep. Dan Bishop, who represents part of the county, had no qualms about calling out that particular aspect of the incident.
Advertisement – story continues below
“I was appalled that the Chairwoman of the Bladen County Board of Elections will prevent board members — on threat of arrest — from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance,” Bishop said in a statement.
“It shows a twisted moral code to oppress the right to honor a flag that stands for freedom from oppression. I stand with the board members who continue to revere and respect our flag and those who lost their lives defending it.” ”
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- You Will Be Shocked By How Much Money Is Being Pulled Out Of U.S. Banks, And Now The Biggest Bank In Germany Is In Trouble
- Weird war in Ukraine …
- This is how awesome Real Estate investments are in hyperinflation – Weimar example
- Walls are Closing In for Alvin Bragg. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for his arrest
- Mexico ready for war against America, as 500,000 march in support of Mexican sovereignty/military intervention
- Germany on STRIKE – Largest strike in decades – No public transport, railroads, airports….everything!
- This Guy Absolutely Nails It…
- We’re Heading Into A Recession And The Machines Are Betting On A Big Market Crash
- Rothschilds took their bank private by paying out all shareholders a 28% bonus to get it done as fast as possible a few weeks before the crisis