As Congress debates whether to provide more federal aid to state and local governments reeling from the coronavirus, a report by a federal government watchdog found that New Jersey had yet to spend most of the money already approved.
According to the U.S. Treasury Department inspector general, New Jersey has spent just 2.1% of the $2.4 billion, or $51 million, it received under the $2 trillion stimulus law known as the CARES Act. New York, on the other hand, spent 42.3% of its allocation while Pennsylvania spent 28.7%.
A spokeswoman for Gov. Phil Murphy, Jennifer Sciortino, said the numbers, which cover the period through June 30, were out of date.
“At this point, the administration is in the process of allocating hundreds of millions of dollars for a wide range of critical purposes, some of which were recently announced (i.e. funding for Main Street businesses, food banks, and to bridge the digital divide in school) and others which will be rolled out in the coming days and weeks,” Sciortino said.
- Fleet Of B-52s Recorded Flying Over Long Island Out To The Atlantic Ocean Toward Europe..Something’s Up…
- “You would have a far-Right government in every country in Europe”
- US Now Lone Suspect in Nord Stream Pipe Bombing
- The Food Supply is Contaminated With SPIKE PROTEINS
- Another domino is starting to fall…
- This is EXACTLY how they will take away the CASH. So easy it’s RIDICULOUS.
- Woman “forgives” her mothers killer, visits him in jail. Upon release woman gives him a job at the decease mothers house and is quickly killed too.
- Fact checkers are quick on damage control for Project Veritas video. He was literally talking about directed evolution of COVID-19. How in the hell is that not clear enough for you?
- Putin ‘plans new pre-emptive strike’: Russia will launch assault West by February 24
- Justin Trudeau is in meltdown mode. Canada Freedom Convoy back to celebrate their 1 year anniversary with a Protest Party.