With most festivals canceled, activists have at least found a use for their sleeping bags – trying to defund the New York police.
Hundreds gathered in a peaceful protest outside New York City Hall late on Wednesday, demanding a $1 billion funding cut to the city’s police department (NYPD).
Carrying ‘Black Lives Matter’ and ‘Defund the police’ banners, many settled on a grassy area outside the building with towels and sleeping bags, and as night fell, musicians began to perform.
One protester, Helen Edwardes, said she hoped that ‘defunding the police will bring about more economic equality, more opportunities to poorer communities, and create equity,’ and that she would like to see a cut of more than $1 billion, but ‘$1 billion is a start.’
This was the demonstrators’ second night in a row outside City Hall. One more night and they’ll have made the $429 cost of a weekend pass to Coachella look very bad value for money.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The World Is Collapsing Around Us And The Crowd Is No Longer Hedged
- Social Security payments: Millions of SSI recipients to get two checks worth up to $1,652 next month
- Democrats just screwed the whole country…
- Pennsylvania’s Unemployment Is Insolvent & Now Sending Notices To Claimants Who’ve Received Full Benefits To PAY IT ALL BACK.
- Now They Are Literally Bowing Down And Worshipping Baal Right In Front Of Our Eyes
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- One Of The Most Tragic Things That I Have Read In A Long Time
- AOC..after only a few years on the squad..Net Worth 29 MILLION
- Recession is here and major liquidity squeeze on-going. US Treasuries expect a Fed pivot and either deep US recession or shortage of collateral. Neither look great for stock markets