Scrutiny of the FBI’s handling of an investigation into Project Veritas is mounting following the publication of details from documents potentially seized by federal authorities.
The New York Times published an article on Thursday detailing the extent to which operatives from the controversial right-wing investigative group coordinated with attorneys to ensure they did not flout laws dictating private recordings and obtaining information from sources using false pretenses. . . .
Harmeet Dhillon, an attorney for O’Keefe, stopped short on Thursday of accusing the FBI of unlawfully leaking the documents to the New York Times but said her team is raising the question.
“I can’t say with certainty how the New York Times got this information,” Dhillon said during an appearance on Fox News. “But I can say that they got it in a way that is illegal and unethical.”
Dhillon also accused the FBI of providing New York Times reporters with an illegal tip ahead of the raid on O’Keefe’s New York apartment.
O’Keefe said in a video statement that a New York Times reporter contacted him for comment within an hour of the authorities searching his home. . . .
The DOJ did not respond to a request for comment on whether it will investigate how documents potentially related to its investigation were published.
The dispute over the documents comes against the backdrop of a feud between the newspaper and the investigative group, which intensified last year when Project Veritas filed a defamation lawsuit against the New York Times in New York’s Supreme Court.
I love how the NYT tries to turn getting legal advice on how not to break the law into something sinister-sounding.
- Have You Heard Of The “Tradwife Movement”?
- The Food Supply is Contaminated With SPIKE PROTEINS
- DRAFT IS INEVITABLE
- Pathologist Shows SPIKE PROTEIN Inside Vaxies
- NEW PROJECT VERITAS JUST DROPPED!!!
- The Nuclear War That We Have Been Relentlessly Warned About Is Now Right On Our Doorstep
- The market is overbought heading into ANOTHER Fed rate hike, while the Fed takes liquidity down to ZERO. Today’s investors are not thinking about what could go wrong, only about what could go right…
- The Russians are Going to Break Through Bakhmut
- Amazon’s LOTR Series has Flopped HARD
- Reuters Fact-Checkers Lie About Vax Regret Article