BREAKING 🚨 New York Gov Kathy Hochul declared state of emergency ahead of potential COVID-19 spikes this winter due to the already-circulating Delta variant and newly-identified Omicron variants of coronavirus.
— Insider Paper (@TheInsiderPaper) November 27, 2021
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul issued a state of emergency order on Friday in response to the identification of the COVID-19 omicron variant.
The emergency order is intended to increase hospital capacity in New York and will last until at least Jan. 15, when it will be reassessed.
According to a copy of the order, the state will utilize the “surge and flex system,” which allows the Department of Health to limit non-essential and non-urgent hospital procedures in situations where a hospital has less than 10% staffed bed capacity.
New York State County Executives say local health officials, emergency managers, and coroners are experiencing high levels of fatigue and burn out.
"We respectfully ask for continued cooperation and civility as we go through this next COVID phase." pic.twitter.com/cSjtCDEZeu
— Morgan Mckay (@morganfmckay) November 26, 2021
h/t Doorbert Returns
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas