In America we just tax the f*ck out of the citizens so they can be offered all kinds of government programs.
The Ontario government is hiking its tax on foreign homebuyers ahead of a provincial election campaign where affordability is expected to be a key issue.
In a news release issued on Tuesday afternoon, the province confirmed it would increase its non-resident speculation tax from 15 to 20 per cent starting tomorrow.
The government said the tax would be expanded province-wide. Previously it only applied to properties purchased in the Greater Golden Horseshoe Region in southern Ontario.
“Young families, seniors and workers are desperate for housing that meets their needs. But a lack of supply and rising costs have put the dream of home ownership out of reach for too many families in the province,” Minister of Finance Peter Bethlenfalvy said in the release. “That is why our government is adopting the most comprehensive non-resident speculation tax in the country. Our government is working to increase supply and help keep costs low for Ontario families and homebuyers, not foreign speculators looking to turn a quick profit.”
h/t ST. FLOYD OF FENTANYL
- World War 3: The Stage Is Being Set For The United States To Go To War With China And Russia Simultaneously
- China Responds to Joe Biden’s Declaration of War
- The Level Of Evil In Our Society Is Off The Charts
- Insiders are running to the exit…
- Irish President Says Elon Musk is a Dictator Because He Wants to Give People Too Much Freedom
- DEF fluid shortage…Shortage of Urea will cause shortage of DEF used in ALL modern diesel engines.
- Reporters Are Being Detained At Davos! +Secret Leaked Document
- First Black Lesbian Press Secretary Immediately Demoted After First Week
- Check out the parking lot at the Davos Climate Change Conference this year…
- When the crowd gets trapped in the casino with no way out, we’ll probably realize I’m too bullish…. The run to cash has officially begun.