I think Aldous Huxley’s role in social change may be underestimated. I don’t think he was trying to design a Brave New World. I think he was trying to find it.
Huxley had experimented with all sorts of therapy and drugs, trying to change his own intellect into what he believed to be one of “Master” quality. Even after the psychedelic drug experience, he felt he had yet to “break on through.”
However, after writing of his own experiences with Peyote/mescaline in The Doors of Perception, 1954, he developed a high profile following which included Jim Morrison of The Doors, who was a Huxley fan, obviously.
“Orwell and Huxley were always arguing about who had the closest view of what dystopia might look like in the future,” said Waters, adding “I think we got a lot of both.”
“We have the ‘Big Brother’ Orwellian dystopian nightmare, it happened two days ago in that magistrate’s court,” he explained, referring to a UK judge’s decision on Monday to deny the WikiLeaks founder a delay in US extradition proceedings. Assange’s lawyers have argued that they need more time to prepare a defense, and some of Assange’s supporters have made the case that British law forbids extradition in the first place, if the charges can be seen as political.
See the full story and more www.rt.com/news/471936-julian-assange-orwell-huxley-waters/
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- A Full Blown US Conflict With Iran at Israel’s Insistence Is Approaching
- I am surprised a Japanese magazine would allow this to run, but it is correct…
- Inter-Bank Lending Has Stopped And We’re On The Verge Of A Crash
- “The Banks Are Melting”, And Signs Of A Major Credit Contraction Are Already Starting To Emerge
- ‘Largest Satanic Gathering in History’ Will Require Masks and Vaccinations
- New York Times: “Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker. James Vasquez, in fact, was never deployed to Kuwait…”
- Bibi Netanyahu Squashes Embarrassing Anti-Christian Bill
- The market is being held up by 7 companies