- Joe Biden’s campaign released ad on YouTube last week featuring bar owner
- Joe Malcoun is co-owner of The Blind Pig, a popular Ann Arbor concert venue
- In the ad, Malcoun blames Trump for widespread bar and restaurant closures
- He says Trump’s handling of COVID-19 forced bar owners to close businesses
- But ad doesn’t mention Malcoun is also wealthy ‘angel investor’ in tech startups
- And his social media shows his support for lockdown measures imposed by Governor Gretchen Whitmer – a Democrat
- Malcoun inherited money from his wife’s late grandfather, according to reports
- After Malcoun’s wealth was revealed, Biden campaign pulled ad from YouTube
A Michigan bar owner featured in a Joe Biden campaign ad blaming President Trump’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic for the mass closures of restaurants is actually wealthy tech investor who backed lockdown measures by the state’s governor.
The Biden ad, which the campaign has since removed from its YouTube channel, is narrated by Joe Malcoun, the co-owner of The Blind Pig, a popular Ann Arbor watering hole and live concert venue.
Malcoun blames the president’s response for how his bar has suffered amid the virus, and his fears that the establishment may need to close.
But it has now been revealed that Malcoun is a wealthy investor who made his fortune thanks to an inheritance from his family.
And his social media shows his support for lockdown measures imposed by Governor Gretchen Whitmer – a Democrat – which actually prolonged bar closures.
‘For 50 years, the Blind Pig has been open and crowded, but right now it’s an empty room,’ Malcoun says in the one-minute-long commercial which was posted online.
‘This is the reality of Trump’s COVID response.’