Politicians and bureaucrats are (self-interested) conduits for taking money from one group of people and giving it to another group of people.
Milton Friedman famously explained that this is why they largely don’t care about how much money is spent or how effectively it is spent.
No wonder government programs, agencies, and departments waste so much money, year after year, decade after decade.
This observation about careless profligacy also applies to so-called emergency spending.
But that’s just one problem with that program. Axios has a depressing report on how the turbo-charged benefits that were part of the coronavirus legislation triggered staggering levels of fraud.
- The Fed Tries and Fails to Hide This Brutal Reality
- PayPal goes full 1984 in November…
- India Banks SHUTDOWN For 20 Days
- There are so many market indicators that we are heading towards a major financial crisis
- Federal Reserve and Government in the Sunshine Meeting Notice Alert! Advanced Notice of a Meeting under Expedited Procedures for a Closed Board Meeting on October 3, 2022
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- Banks are over leveraged by 2 quadrillion… The calm before the storm
- Putin is “The New Hitler” as Nuclear War With Russia Becoming Increasingly Probable
- Cool explanation on how Germany f***** itself.