‘Polexit’: Will Poland’s ‘nuclear strike’ on EU’s legal order lead to the country quitting the bloc?
In a decision that sent shockwaves through Europe, Poland’s constitutional court on Thursday ruled the country’s laws had supremacy of those of the European Union.
The long-awaited ruling says some parts of EU treaties and court rulings go against Poland’s highest law.
Jakub Jaraczewski, research coordinator at Democracy Reporting, called the move a “massive escalation of the crisis of the rule of law in Poland”.
“This is unprecedented. We have an EU member state basically stating that the primacy of EU law, one of the core ideas of the European Union common legal order, is partially not effective in Poland. This has not happened before,” Jaraczewski told Euronews.
Laurent Pech, professor of European law at Middlesex University, compared the ruling to a “nuclear strike on the EU legal order”.
We don’t need you religious and nationalist lunatics.
- Michael Burry Scatter Chart of the Coming Bank Failures
- We Are in the Eye of the Hurricane – What Happens Next?
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- WSJ: Two Hundred Banks At Risk Of Bankruptcy
- Scientists sound the alarm as plastic waste forms rocks off coast of Brazil
- Cop car decides its had enough. Just runs over a bunch of people standing in its way…
- If Trump Is Arrested Next Week, He Will Win Re-Election in a Landslide
- 6th-grader is sentenced to 1-day-hard-labor for refusing to listen to CNN’s lies and propaganda.
- Stand Up Comedy Clip “Chinese Spy Balloon” by comedian Jim Breuer
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB