‘You’re about to get a lot more speeding tickets!’ Critics slam ‘Pothole Pete’ Buttigieg’s plan to fix the nation’s roads crisis with MORE speed cameras and lower speed limits that will guarantee fines for drivers
Pete Buttigieg announced a plan yesterday to make the nation’s roads safer
Tucked away in his 42-page strategy is a promise to promote safety cameras
Buttigieg claimed cameras are less racially biased than cops so will patrol more fairly
But critics say it’s just a Trojan horse to fine motorists more in the way of speeding tickets
They questioned why Buttigieg wasn’t doing more to fix roads and bridges
Many trashed him using the hashtag Pothole Pete – a reference to when he was the Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, and the city was ravaged by potholes
‘If we can’t tax you to death, we’ll fine you,’ quipped one critic
Buttigieg’s 42-page plan includes a caveat to ‘promote’ speed camera use, which he says will be a more ‘equitable’ way of patrolling the roads than if cops were tasked with it.
He wants to create roads that will ‘self-enforce’ through speed limits and cameras – rather than have cops patrolling them.
But skeptics say it will only end up leading to more fines for motorists – and money for the government – while doing nothing to address the country’s real transport problems.
- Biden Tells NATO That the US Supreme Court is Destabilizing the World
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Liz Cheney is gonna get smoked by this woman…
- Democrats don’t want to hear it, but this needed to happen…
- Are You Willing To Suffer Through A Recession For The Good Of “The Liberal World Order”?
- Black Privilege is Real in America
- A Quick Word on EVs and Oil Prices
- Zelensky Orders NATO to Pay $5 Billion a Month to Cover Costs of Pretending There’s a Chance to Win
- ‘Highly comical but sinister’ London LGBTQ+ flag display
- American Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Miserably