YAPHANK, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — A West Nile warning has been issued on Long Island.
A record number of mosquitoes are testing positive for the virus, including more than two dozen samples in one week alone in Suffolk County, CBS2’s Lisa Rozner reported Tuesday.
Dr. Scott Campbell and his team at the Suffolk County Health Department sort and identify mosquitoes at their lab here after trapping thousands at some 50 sites. The samples have been sent for testing in Albany and results from the second week of August showed a scary spike — 29 mosquitoes testing positive for West Nile virus. All were females with a white marking.
“They are temperature dependent, so the hotter the environment, the faster the mosquitoes develop,” Dr. Campbell said.
- This is the future they have planned for us…
- Are They Essentially Erasing Most Of The Internet?
- Heads Up: Something big is going down. Just about every commodity is collapsing in price. Things deteriorated so much that all the supply chain metrics have become way less constrained
- Bill Gates: Social Credit Scores Are An “Asset”
- Horrific news from Sodom Island
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- The Dead Internet theory just got even creepier….
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- If you are waiting for recession, inflation down, FED pivot, etc., by the time it happens, markets would have already priced most or all of it in. Right on schedule… Michael Burry says the Big Crash is anytime now!