Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, which is pastored by influential theologian and author John MacArthur, announced Friday that it would continue holding in-person services, saying state mandates restricting worship are an overstep of government authority and thus they have no duty to follow them.
Pastor MacArthur argued in a blog post published on Friday that “government officials have no right to interfere in ecclesiastical matters in a way that undermines or disregards the God-given authority of pastors and elders.”
“Therefore, in response to the recent state order requiring churches in California to limit or suspend all meetings indefinitely, we, the pastors and elders of Grace Community Church, respectfully inform our civic leaders that they have exceeded their legitimate jurisdiction, and faithfulness to Christ prohibits us from observing the restrictions they want to impose on our corporate worship services,” MacArthur wrote.
On July 13, California indefinitely closed churches— as well as restaurants, bars, fitness centers, hair salons, and barbershops — in at least 32 counties. A group of churches from the state also recently sued California Gov. Gavin Newsom after he instituted a ban on singing in churches as a way to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB