“The Cupertino tech giant pulled the app in the wake of the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol. At the time, Apple said Parler could return to the App Store if it changed its moderation guidelines to comply with its terms of service.”
As it came back online, Parler changed its community guidelines to new policies written by Chief Policy Officer Amy Peikoff. But an App Store review found that the updated policies and moderation practices were insufficient to comply with Apple’s rules, Bloomberg reported Wednesday.
“‘After having reviewed the new information, we do not believe these changes are sufficient to comply with App Store Review guidelines. There is no place for hateful, racist, discriminatory content on the App Store,’ Apple wrote to Parler on Feb. 25.”
Commenters on AppleInsider pointed out the painfully obvious hypocrisy here, of which many readers of The Epoch Times are, I’m sure, well aware.
Facebook and Twitter were loaded with at least as many—I would bet hugely more due to their size—incendiary posts before the Jan. 6 Capitol event than Parler.
Someone using the amusingly apropos handle “1984called” put it this way:
“You have got to be kidding. Apple, seriously, putting out this statement and yet they allow Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and just take a look at the top hip hop songs on Apple Music. Disgusting. Apple is spitting in your face and telling you it’s raining.”
Not bad. That about says it all about their naked partisanship… but… dare I say it…
“One more thing!”
Apple—like its Big Tech brethren—has a horrendous record when it comes to the People’s Republic of China. For many years, until others pointed it out, Apple cooperated completely with the communist regime in order to manufacture its products in China.
The astonishingly onerous working conditions for their Chinese employees would never have been tolerated in most Western countries, but why would Apple have cared? It’s all about the bottom line.
And after all, they didn’t seem to mind that the same regime was well known — I’m certain to high level and undoubtedly educated Apple executives— to have concentration camps in Xinjiang Province reeducating and doing far worse to their Uyghur and Tibetan population as well as Christians, political dissidents, Falun Gong practitioners and so forth.
As Jim Geraghty wrote in October of 2019, when the CCP-NBA connection was exposed for millions of Americans to see, in a sort of prelude to what was to come the following year: We’re Not Exporting Our Values to China — We’re Importing Theirs.
h/t Ed Driscoll
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- A large fire is spreading from a pallet yard behind the US Foods distribution center in Phoenix, Arizona
- From 1958, 2003/06 – CDC Vaccine Adverse Events, Smallpox – Holy Hell
- Madison Cawthorn Kicked Out of Congress for Blowing the Whistle on GOP Orgies and Calling Out Zelensky
- 5th Circuit Court finds SEC operates unconstitutionally
- A “Smallpox-Like Virus” Has Now Spread To Spain, Portugal And The United States
- Is the next Great Muppet Reaping at hand?
- The Only Thing Clear Over the Last Two Years is that Covid-19 Never Existed?
- UTTER CARNAGE: The Stock Market Is Coming Apart Like A 20 Dollar Suit As Fear Sweeps Through Wall Street