Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Monday new legislation to regulate teachers unions by prohibiting them from collecting dues directly from educator paychecks, according to a press release.
DeSantis unveiled the “Teacher’s Bill of Rights” which would prevent teachers union officials from earning more than the highest paid educator that is represented by the union and would prohibit the union from distributing materials in schools. The legislation would also put limits on the collective bargaining process, prohibiting school board members from accessing excessive funds created for negotiations.
“We want more transparency into how school unions operate, and we are going to fight against school union haggling that holds teachers and their salary increases hostage,” DeSantis said at a press conference. “Partisan groups should not be given special privileges.”
Under the “Teacher’s Bill of Rights,” educators can file civil rights complaints if the school district asks the teacher to violate the law. DeSantis proposed investing $1 billion to increase teachers’ salaries in the 2023-2024 school year.
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- Ron DeSantis unveils legislation to BAN Central Bank Digital Currency in Florida, protecting citizens from a grave threat to civil liberties…
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- People are crashing…
- Armstrong: WOKE Culture is Destroying the Economy & our Nation
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once