Was Roseanne Barr really fired for making a Planet Of The Apes joke about Muslim Valerie Jarrett? Do racist, homophobic and misogynist jokes really get you fired from your hit TV show in Hollywood? As it turns out, the short answer is no, jokes that are racist, homophobic and misogynist do not get you fired in Hollywood provided they are made under one, simple condition. What is that condition, you ask? As long as the racist, homophobic and misogynist jokes you are making are directed at Conservatives, it would seem you can get as crude, rude and offensive as you care to be.
AS LONG AS THE RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC AND MISOGYNIST JOKES YOU ARE MAKING ARE DIRECTED AT CONSERVATIVES, IT WOULD SEEM YOU CAN GET AS CRUDE, RUDE AND OFFENSIVE AS YOU CARE TO BE.
Let me say right from the start that I am not now, nor have I ever been a fan of the ‘comedy’ of Roseanne Barr. Back in my Hollywood days as a working member of both SAG and AFTRA, I had friends who worked on the original run of her show, and I have worked with cast members of her show on other projects. I didn’t think Roseanne was funny back then, and I don’t think she is funny now. End of story, let’s continue.
When the ‘Roseanne Show’ was rebooted to record-breaking Nielsen Ratings because of its connection to the Trump presidency, in my mind I imagined that a timeclock had been started. A countdown to how quickly the ultra-Liberal studio heads would find a reason to fire her. As it turns out, that reason was provided by Roseanne herself with this tasteless, moderately racist joke about Obama minion Valerie Jarrett.
Barr tweeted that: “muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj”, that has since been taken down for obvious reasons. She then went on to say other inflammatory things because, well, that’s her sense of humor. It’s not funny, and never was.
MICHELLE WOLF MAKES RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC AND MISOGYNIST JOKES GET REWARDED WITH OWN SHOW ON NETFLIX:
Michelle Wolf absolutely trashed not only the entire Trump administration, she made a very personal attack on Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks. That is known as misogyny. What was Wolf’s punishment? She got her own show on Netflix paying her buckets of cash. Welcome to Hollywood ‘justice’. It’s only a crime if you’re not a Liberal. Watch this video with caution as it contains occasional foul language.
Roseanne Barr was fired for making that joke, and a series of others as well, and she watched I am sure in horror as her million dollar cash cow hit television show went up in flames. But was Roseanne really fired for making a Planet Of The Apesjoke about Muslim Valerie Jarrett? Do off-color jokes of that nature really get you fired from your hit TV show in Hollywood?
As it turns out, the short answer is no, jokes that are racist, homophobic and misogynist do not get you fired in Hollywood provided they are made under one, simple condition. What is that condition, you ask? As long as the racist, homophobic and misogynist jokes you are making are directed at Conservatives, it would seem you can get as crude, rude and offensive as you care to be.
SO LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT 5 TIMES HOLLYWOOD COMEDIANS HAVE MADE RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC AND MISOGYNIST JOKES ABOUT CONSERVATIVES AND WERE NEVER PUNISHED FOR IT:
- BILL MAHER & DONALD TRUMP APE JOKE: Bill Maher’s name became a top-trending Twitter topic Tuesday after Roseanne Barr’s sitcom was canceled by ABC. Barr penned a racist tweet, comparing former Obama-era aide Valerie Jarrett to an ape. This led some conservatives to point out that comedian Bill Maher, who hosts a weekly show on HBO, also compared President Donald Trump to an ape, but was not fired. source
- STEPHEN COLBERT & DONALD TRUMP GAY SEX JOKE: Colbert’s slew of frat-boy remarks culminated in a crack that the only thing Trump’s mouth is good for “is being Vladimir Putin’s [expletive deleted] holster.” The filthy word was bleeped in the broadcast, and Colbert’s mouth was pixelated. But, intrepid journalists, who are paid to ferret out the truth, discovered what was the word, and they printed it – minus the offending syllable, of course. Colbert was not fired or even fined for making this outrageous homophobic slur against the president of the United States. The official statement from the FCC reads “Consistent with standard operating procedure, the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau has reviewed the complaints and the material that was the subject of these complaints. The Bureau has concluded that there was nothing actionable under the FCC’s rules.” source
- MICHELLE WOLF & SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS MISOGYNIST HUMOR: The current #MeToo mood in Hollywood in 2018 is that anything even remotely offensive directed towards women is the ‘unforgivable sin’. Unless, of course, the women you wish to verbally assault and humiliate are Conservative women. Then you can have any type of trash you like spew forth from your mouth, call it a joke, and all is well. At the recent White House Correspondents Dinner, unfunny comedian Michelle Wolf absolutely trashed Trump press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, even going so far as to mock her eye makeup, while Sanders was forced to sit there silently and take it. Was Michelle Wolf censured for her obvious misogynist jokes? Nope. In fact, mere days after belittling Sanders Wolf was immediately snatched up by Netflix and given her own show. source
- TREVOR NOAH MOCKS TRUMP NIGHTLY: Trevor Noah over on ‘The Daily Show’ mocks Trump relentlessly, gleefully and with malice aforethought. Noah has made fun of Trump, of his wife Melania, and everything associated with the Trump presidency including using words and phrases we cannot repeat here. Number of times that Noah has been warned, reprimanded or fined by his network? Zero.
- JIMMY KIMMEL MOCKS MELANIA TRUMP ACCENT: In a joke that was both racist and misogynist, Jimmy Kimmel slammed the First Lady for reading a children’s story to her guests on the White House lawn; telling his comedic sidekick that he too could be “First Lady of the United States. I want to really thank the first lady, Melania, who has really done an incredible job,” said the President in a video clip, with Kimmel adding “Not a chance she did one thing to help set that up. There’s no — she didn’t dye eggs, she didn’t fill baskets. The only thing she’s been working on is an escape tunnel.” The comedian then slammed Melania’s distinct accent, mocking the way she pronounced “This and that.” “That’s the end,” Melania said as she finished the story. “Of the world,” Kimmel added. source
There are many dozens more instances I could cite you of times where the ‘jokes’ of the crudest and most cruel nature were made about Conservative men, women and even children of Conservatives and no reprisal of any kind was leveled back at the comedian because they were a Far Left Liberal.
Joy Behar proudly proclaimed that ‘Christianity is a mental illness‘, and went on to personally mock the vice president of the United States. Her punishment? Nada, zip, zilch.
Hollywood pedals make-believe, and their skewed sense of morality is definitely a fantasy not based in real life. If Roseanne Barr gets fired for making an ape joke about Valerie Jarrett, then Bill Maher should absolutely be fired for his ape joke about Donald Trump. Case closed.
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 677 views