- The data that have become available since my last visit in September have been somewhat weaker than expected.
- Risks relating to protectionism, vulnerabilities in emerging markets and financial market volatility remain prominent.
- Underlying drivers of domestic demand remain in place.
- Overall, recent developments confirm the Governing Council’s earlier assessments of the medium-term inflation outlook.
- The Governing Council, therefore, continues to anticipate that, subject to incoming data confirming our medium-term inflation outlook, net asset purchases will come to an end in December 2018.
- To ensure that inflation continues to move towards our aim in a sustained manner, a significant degree of monetary policy stimulus will be maintained, even after the end of net asset purchases.
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 497 views