I remember when this program was rolled out. The kids HATED it and A LOTof food went to waste.
Happy Birthday Moochelle!
From Daily Mail: Donald Trump’s administration proposed new school lunch guidelines Friday that would undo several changes made by Michelle Obama to get more fruit and veggies on the menu: a move that comes on the former first lady’s birthday.
The Department of Agriculture, which oversees the Food and Nutrition Service, said it is proposing new rules ‘to simplify meal service and reduce food waste.’ That would include ‘increasing flexibility in the “vegetable subgroups” requirements for school lunches.’
But the changes would allow schools to cut the amount of vegetables and fruits required at lunch and breakfasts while giving them the ability to offer more pizza, burgers and fries instead.
It would also undo rules championed by Michelle Obama as part of her Let’s Move initiative and The Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010.
Friday is the former first lady’s 56th birthday.
Michelle Obama made healthy eating a signature issue during her time in the White House. ‘I am determined to work with folks across this country to change the way a generation of kids thinks about food and nutrition,’ she said.
Trump, however, is known for his love of fast food. He often ate McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken on the campaign trail. One of his favorite meals is a hamburger with a side salad consisting of an edge of iceberg lettuce covered in blue cheese. Apple pie with ice cream is his favorite dessert.
Consumer groups slammed the proposed school meal changes.(#OrangeManBad!)
‘The proposed rule would allow anything that might be allowable as an entrée on any one school day to be served as an a la carte item every single day. In practice, if finalized, this would create a huge loophole in school nutrition guidelines, paving the way for children to choose pizza, burgers, French fries, and other foods high in calories, saturated fat or sodium in place of balanced school meals every day,’ Center for Science in the Public Interest Deputy Director of Legislative Affairs Colin Schwartz said in a statement.
Read the whole story here.
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas