The spendiholics in Washington DC (aka, Biden and Congress) have passed yet another inflationary legislation, this time the sadly misnamed “The Inflation Reduction Act” since it will likely lead to a furthering recession of the US economy. Well, that is one way to reduce inflation: cause a recession and job loss.
An analysis by the National Association of Manufacturers says the tax in 2023 alone will reduce real GDP by $68.5 billion and cut labor income by $17.1 billion. One well-known economic truth is that corporations don’t really pay taxes (they pass on taxes to consumers in the form of higher prices). They are essentially tax collectors, as the corporate tax rate ultimately falls on some combination of workers, shareholders and customers. Raise the corporate tax rate, and you’re cutting wages and salaries for workers.
“Americans are already experiencing the consequences of Democrats’ reckless economic policies. The mislabeled ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ will do nothing to bring the economy out of stagnation and recession, but it will raise billions of dollars in taxes on Americans making less than $400,000,” said Sen. Mike Crapo, an Idaho Republican who sits on the Senate Finance Committee as a ranking member, and who requested the analysis.
“The more this bill is analyzed by impartial experts, the more we can see Democrats are trying to sell the American people a bill of goods,” Crapo added.
According to Schumer and Manchin, “The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 will make a historic down payment on deficit reduction to fight inflation, invest in domestic (green) energy production and manufacturing, and reduce carbon emissions by roughly 40 percent by 2030. The bill will also finally allow Medicare to negotiate for prescription drug prices and extend the expanded Affordable Care Act program for three years, through 2025.”
No wonder House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took her extensive entourage on a paid vacation to Singapore, Malaysia and perhaps Taiwan. Its called “Getting out of Dodge.” If Pelosi believed in this legislation, she could have “saved the environment” by simply doing a Zoom call. Then again, Biden’s Climate Envoy, John Kerry, still travels the globe trying to sell green energy and carbon reductions in his private carbon-spewing jet. But I forget, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer and Kerry are our elites who deserve platinum treatment, not lowly serfs like 99% of the US population.
So, here we go loop-de-loop. Politicians want to spend money on their friends and donors and then raise taxes on the rest of us.
On the recession front, the 10Y-2Y US Treasury yield curve just flattened another -6.015 basis points to an inverted -30.195 basis points.
- Hillary Clinton leaked emails reason to get rid of Gadaffi
- Stagflation 2023: The Looming Economic Nightmare You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- Deutsche Bank Is On The Brink Of Collapse: Get Prepared For The Next Lehman Brothers Moment
- The US Dollar World Reserve Status is Officially Over
- Satan Has Become One Of The Hottest Spiritual Figures In America
- S686 Patriot Act 2.0 – This is the bill that lets them kick down your door and kill your dog because you are guilty for doubting the Biden regime.
- ‘Unsafe and ineffective’ Pfizer is going to court!
- US Banks are seeing the largest drop in bank deposits since the Great Financial Crisis and a ‘second wave’ is coming
- Shocking Biden hot-mic reveals how handlers program his every move WATCH. Yes, this is 100% real.
- The recession is here, the market crash is next.