by Chris Black
Mommy knows best:
Scotland’s devolved government has launched a bid to make its draconian pandemic emergency powers permanent.
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon‘s Scottish National Party (SNP) administration announced a 12-week “consultation” on Tuesday on its plans to maintain sweeping powers over civil liberties.
Deputy First Minister John Swinney, who also holds the COVID recovery portfolio, claimed the powers to impose lockdowns, close schools, conduct criminal trials online and free convicted criminals form prison early were “beneficial” and “welcomed by people” in Scotland.
Those powers are set to expire in March 2022, but the regional Holyrood parliament — in which the SNP holds a majority and enjoys the support of the small Scottish Green Party — has the power to extend them.
“We want to ensure we remove measures no longer needed in order to respond to the pandemic whilst keeping those where there is demonstrable benefit to the people of Scotland,” Swinney claimed. “This is an opportunity to maintain changes that have been welcomed by people who now don’t want to lose transformations that have been innovative, beneficial, and increased access to services.”
So, if you ask me, this is going to be the standard across the world, because covid-19 is designed to be a permanent crisis, with new mutant strains/variants popping up every 6 months or so, which means it’s impossible to see a finality to the virus regime. There’s no clear path for the virus regime to ever end, and now they are implementing vaxx passports (France, Italy) to allow you into supermarkets.
You don’t have to be a genius to understand there’s no way out of this if there are an arbitrary number of mutant strains that beat the vaccines.
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas