The empty seats represent the hundreds of vacancies in the Trump Administration and federal courts delayed for over a year by the Senate.
The backlog of some of President Donald J. Trump nominations will be voted on tomorrow by the Senate. The majority have been delayed for over a year.
The Senate will confirm 129 of 133 of Trump’s nominations. They include 33 federal judges and 96 Trump Administration Executive Branch executives.
Only four will be rejected.
The Director of National Counterintelligence, William Evanina, was one of those rejected.
Instead, the Senate will confirm Joseph Maguire.
The oldest unconfirmed Trump nominee, Janet Dhillon, was submitted on June 29th, 2017. She was to replace Jenny R. Yang, as one of five Members of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Yang refused to quit even her term expired in order to promote what she called her own “political agenda” and to maintain an Obama agenda majority on the EEOC Commission.
Details of her holdover and her self-expressed political views are linked here:
Besides federal court nominations, they include Executive Branch appointments for the:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Dept. of Agriculture
- Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
- Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
- Dept. of Labor
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Federal Communications Commission
- Dept. of Transportation
- Dept. of Commerce
- Amtrak Board of Directors
- Dept. of the Interior
- Federal Reserve System
- Small Business Administration
- Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission
- Administration Conference of the U.S.
- Millemmium Challenge Corporation
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Surface Transportation Board
- U.S. Postal Service
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence (new position)
- Dept. of Defense
- Dept. of Health and Human Services
- Dept. of Education
- Dept. of Energy
- Dept. of the Treasury
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Executive Office of the President
- Inter-American Foundation
- Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
- International Monetary Fund
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- United Nations
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- U.S. Agency for International Development
- Office of Budget and Management
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Legal Services Corporation
- National Council on the Arts
- National Council on the Humanities
- Federal Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Fund
- Federal Hospital Insurance Trust Fund
- Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund
- Social Security Advisory Board
Here is a list of more pending nominations in Senate Committee:
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 830 views