by Ruby Henley
Senator Tom Cotton and Senator David Perdue are looking out for middle class Americans by insisting that the Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy Act (RAISE) be added if the Senate takes up the so-called Dream Act.
Senator Cotton says legal status of “Dreamers” will have “negative consequences.”
President Trump has also endorsed the RAISE ACT. Cotton says he appreciates that President Trump pointed Democrats to the RAISE ACT. Cotton said he would definitely oppose a clean extension of DACA if his bill is not attached to a comprehensive immigration reform bill.
Cotton explained that without the RAISE ACT, DACA will have very big negative consequences for working class Americans.
- Encouraging future illegal immigration with minors,
- Allowing 800,000 people to obtain legal status for their family members via chain migration,
- Rewards the very people who broke the law in the first place,
- Depresses working-class wages.
I must say at this point, it is very depressing being a middle class American, as it seems everyone is being considered, but those who have been lawful tax-paying citizens. How did we get here? Where are we going?
I am very angry that the Democrats Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer think they have pulled one over on middle class America. They think President Trump has sided with them, putting the Obama’s Dreamers first. Did he?
Democrats said they would be able to work out a deal with Trump IF it creates a legislative version of DACA.
What would Trump get in return? Not much.
- Tougher border security, which basically would be a measure calling on the government to create a border enforcement plan.
What would the Democrats get? What they want.
- Action to help young illegal immigrants because Trump said he would rescind the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program,
- Path to citizenship for Dreamers.
I hope Republicans see this is a one-sided deal. Remember there is no wall included, and that is not acceptable in my opinion.