Since Friday, November 19, a provincial order to restrict gas for non-essential drivers in parts of the province has led to pain at the pump.
For a period of about ten days, non-essential drivers are limited to filling up 30 L at a time. The province has urged British Columbians to conserve gas where they can by using alternative transportation.
Enforcement of the order is based mostly on the honour system with Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth saying that “the majority of people will do the right thing.”
Drivers can be fined for non-essential travel on certain BC highways
Uber, Lyft not considered “essential” under new BC gas restrictions
Province prioritizes fuel for essential vehicles, introduces travel restrictions
To help keep people safe and re-establish the movement of critical goods and services following severe flooding and landslides, the Province is taking temporary measures to ensure fuel (gas and diesel) is prioritized for essential vehicles, while keeping it available to British Columbians.
Measures to restrict non-essential travel to and from impacted areas are also being introduced.
“We are asking people to limit their fuel consumption and vehicle travel at this time and are putting in place orders under the provincial state of emergency to support this,” said Mike Farnworth, Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General. “These steps will keep commercial traffic moving, stabilize our supply chains and make sure everyone gets home safely. We are asking people not to travel through severely affected areas – for their own well-being, but also to make sure the fuel we do have goes toward the services people need in this time of crisis.”
B.C. officials announce limits on gas purchases for non-essential vehicles, travel restrictions
h/t THEY HAVE A VAX FOR THAT!
- We Just Witnessed An Economic Sign That Hasn’t Happened Since The Peak Of The Great Depression In 1932
- 14 Videos That Will Make You Want To Scream Out “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”
- It’s Now Undeniable That the Government Has Been Lacing Chicken Feed so That Chickens Stopped Laying Eggs
- The FDA Is Literally Demonic
- Michael Burry: ‘Sell’
- RUSSIA releases message for American Soldiers
- Top US Geostrategic Think-Tank RAND Corp Says the US Lost the Ukraine War and Should Surrender
- This Week’s New Dystopian Innovation Just Dropped
- Biden Documents Scandal Includes 1850 Boxes, Enough To Fill A Tractor Tailer, Plus 415 GB Of Eectronic Records
- The Collapse Of Faith In America