A Defense Department project to optimize the M4A1 carbines used by U.S. Special Operations Command for continuous suppressed use is moving forward. On Tuesday, firearms maker Sig Sauer announced it had received a $48 million DoD contract to create a suppressed upper receiver group, or SURG, based on its MCX system for the service weapon, which, unlike the standard M4, can shoot fully automatic. While SOCOM units do use conventional suppressors for their rifles, continuous suppressed shooting presents a number of challenges. Standard suppressors tend to get hot quickly and can be damaged by extended periods of use.
“The DoD began the SURG program to upgrade and optimize military weapons for continuous, suppressed use on the battlefield,” Sig said in a Tuesday news release. “The SIG SAUER MCX Rifle System outperformed the competition through the demanding, rigorous, and grueling testing to receive the SURG award. The SIG SAUER suppressor withstood the:
Air Force Doubles Down on Hypersonic Weapons Development with 2nd Contract
The U.S. Air Force has awarded a second contract to develop a new hypersonic weapon that would move five times the speed of sound. The service on Monday awarded Lockheed Martin Corp. a contract — not to exceed $480 million — to begin designing a second hypersonic prototype, according to a release. “We are going to go fast and leverage the best technology available to get hypersonic capability to the warfighter as soon as possible,” said Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson.
Leaders from the Defense Department, Missile Defense Agency, Air Force, Navy and Army signed a memorandum June 28 to cooperate and help develop “hypersonic boost glide” technology, the release said. “The joint team requires the right mix of agile capabilities to compete, deter and win across the spectrum of competition and conflict,” said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David Goldfein. “We must push:
- Here Is Why 37 Percent Of U.S. Farmers In The Western Half Of The Country Are Killing Their Own Crops
- IT’S HAPPENING! MULTIPLE COVID19 LAWSUITS AND WINS.
- Fully Vaccinated Mike Tyson, says he was beaten into submission taking covid vaccine says he’s about to die now in wheelchair
- The Curious Case of Adam Bies Who Was Arrested for Threatening the FEDs After Posting on GAB
- Crime is exploding everywhere. Fake solutions abound
- AN AUTUMN WITH EPIC COLLAPSES OF STOCKS, DEBT, CURRENCIES, MUCH HIGHER INFLATION – LEADING TO POVERTY & SOCIAL UNREST
- The Chinese economy is experiencing a near-complete collapse…
- Pfizer is Funding Facebooks Fact-Checking Partner.
- Too Little, Too Late, Countless People Already Died a Horrible Death!
- Video: Women Tie Themselves in Knots While Attempting to Define “Woman”