Housing in the US is getting “simply unaffordable.” And it has gotten far worse over the past year. Thanks to BAD government policies.
While wage growth is positive, inflation is sucking the life from consumers. REAL average hourly earnings growth is -2.0133%. Even worse, home prices are rising at a 14.12% pace in REAL terms. So, wages are losing to inflation and housing is pulling away from renters in terms of affordability.`
So it is not surprising that the University of Michigan consumer survey for “Buying Conditions For Housing” remains below 100 (meaning that more people think buying conditions for housing are negative than positive). With the Case-Shiller National home price index growing at a 19.51% YoY pace, it is no wonder that consumers are getting scared of the housing market.
Yes, US inflation is at a 40-year high and the 30-year Treasury Inflation Protected (TIP) yields is at -0.424%. That says quite a bit about the pickle US consumers are in.
US consumer confidence overall has declined to the lowest level since just after the financial crisis and housing bubble burst of 2008-9.
Doctor, Doctor (Yellen), please don’t try to make housing more “affordable” which will result in housing being even LESS affordable.
But I do like how Biden took credit for lowering gasoline prices a little after his anti-energy policies drove up gasoline prices in the first place from $2.20 to $3.40 a gallon, a 55% price increase. Thanks for nothing, Joe!
And with Omicron raging (with few reported deaths), Anthony Fauci, President Biden’s top medical adviser, indicated support for making vaccinations a requirement for domestic fights.
More loss of personal freedom, more government control. We are truly addicted to gov.
- Rothschilds, Rockefellers, and More Redpills
- Things Are Starting To Get Really Crazy Out There…
- Walmart Reports A Large Number Of Store Closings As Catastrophic Retail Collapse Intensify
- These Economic Numbers Are Staggering
- Hillary Clinton leaked emails reason to get rid of Gadaffi
- ‘Unsafe and ineffective’ Pfizer is going to court!
- 29 DEMS JOIN REPUBLICANS TO BLOCK BIDEN
- The US Dollar World Reserve Status is Officially Over
- FRANCE – Now largely ignored by world media.
- The Entire World Economy Could COMPLETELY COLLAPSE At Any Moment.