Interest rates are an important driver of the economy and financial markets. And what has happened to the S&P 500 index since The Federal Reserve started raising their target rate on May 4, 2023 to fight surging inflation?
Since that fatal day, the S&P 500 index has fallen -6% and equity REITs (commercial real estate) has fallen -16%.
Although The Fed has pledged to keep raising rates to fight inflation (and further decimate retirement accounts), investors are pointing to a peak (terminal) Fed rate of 5.44% at the September 2023 FOMC meeting. Then rate cuts following the September 2023 meeting.
Of course, much of the blame belongs to former Fed Chair Ben (QE) Bernanke and current Treasury Secretary Janet “Too Low For Too Long” Yellen who never met a Fed rate hike that she liked. But Yellen LOVES giving away US taxpayer dollars … to Ukraine.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB
- Deadly Fungus Spreading Rapidly Through Hospitals
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Sending Depleted Uranium Munitions To Ukraine Is A War Crime Against The Ukrainian People
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Literally 20+ media taking images of two people