Faced with critically low forex reserves, Sri Lanka on Tuesday announced that the crisis-stricken country will default on its external debt pending a bailout package from the International Monetary Fund.
A statement from the finance ministry said, “it shall be the policy of the Sri Lankan government to suspend normal debt servicing…..shall apply to amounts of affected debts outstanding on April 12, 2022”.
The policy shall be in effect for all international bonds, all bilateral loans excluding swaps between the Central Bank and a foreign central bank, all loans with commercial banks and institutional lenders, it said.
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- LeBron’s Son Takes a Pretty White Girl to Prom – All the Black Girls Have a Twitter Melton Down
- Here We Go Again: Monkey Pox!
- Over a Million Italians Over 50 Fined for Refusing Deadly Vax
- NIH THROWS FAUCI UNDER THE BUS BIG TIME!! HE’S FINISHED THE KNIVES ARE OUT
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- How Has Monkeypox Spread All Over The Globe At Lightning Speed?
- FOX NEWS finally showing the world what’s actually happening
- The Biggest Economic Danger Right Now? It’s Not the Stock Bubble or Inflation
- Disney Launches Clothing Line for Gay Children