Stock Market in 2020:
Why would we sell stocks if there’s looting, riots, 40 million unemployed, 30%+ decline in GDP, worst earnings since 2008, and economic shutdowns across the world? The Fed will fix it!
— The Kobeissi Letter (@KobeissiLetter) June 1, 2020
Consistent with the very sharp disconnect between #markets and the #economy,Dow and S&P futures are essentially unchanged this early morning despite a weekend of violent street protests and #China "pausing" some agricultural imports from the US–and this after a solid May (chart) pic.twitter.com/3H5t2niwCG
— Mohamed A. El-Erian (@elerianm) June 1, 2020
Stock market investors don't care that riots and looting just made the recession worse, guaranteed that fewer small businesses reopen, and saddled those that do with higher insurance costs. Rising unemployment and consumer prices don't matter when the Fed can just print money.
— Peter Schiff (@PeterSchiff) June 1, 2020
This chart shows when :
1/ debt saturation process started
2/ was a peak of middle class and their prosperity
3/ was a peak in velocity of money
4/ business cycle switched to credit cycle
5/ neutral level of interest rates was t.co/ENUGZyd50y
— GregTheAnalyst (@Analyst_G) June 1, 2020
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas