From the WSJ: Stubborn German Slowdown Ominous for European Economy
GDP growth in Germany was a paltry 0.6% last year! Manufacturing contracted 3.6%.
Additionally the gas automotive industry represents about a quarter of Germany’s economy. That’s a big issue considering electric cars don’t need all the gas automotive parts Germany produces and the current leader–Tesla–is a primary competitor to German car companies like BMW and Mercedes.
“The next decade will be a decade of underperformance, and people may once again start talking about Germany as the sick man of Europe,” said Joerg Kraemer, chief economist at Commerzbank in Frankfurt.
Germany’s weakness is bad news for Europe, and not just because of its size, accounting for about a fifth of the EU’s total gross domestic product.
Germany’s Federal Labor Agency said this month that job vacancies were falling and more firms had reduced working hours to preserve jobs.
- World War 3: The Stage Is Being Set For The United States To Go To War With China And Russia Simultaneously
- China Responds to Joe Biden’s Declaration of War
- The Level Of Evil In Our Society Is Off The Charts
- Reporters Are Being Detained At Davos! +Secret Leaked Document
- Irish President Says Elon Musk is a Dictator Because He Wants to Give People Too Much Freedom
- Check out the parking lot at the Davos Climate Change Conference this year…
- First Black Lesbian Press Secretary Immediately Demoted After First Week
- Insiders are running to the exit…
- The Apocalyptic Global Food Crisis That We Were Told To Prepare For Has Already Started In 2022
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Leaves 1 Dead, 15 Hospitalized