- Researchers have discovered the reason why anti-anxiety medications put users at risk of dementia down the line
- The medications can cause damage to the brain’s microglial cells – which in turn damage connects between parts of the brain
- The research team hopes their findings will open the door for a development of a new class of anxiety medication that doesn’t cause brain damage
- The number of Americans using anxiety medications surged during the COVID-19 pandemic, and their use especially jumped among teens
Using anti-anxiety drugs may put someone at significant risk of developing cognitive decline later in life and scientists may have finally discovered why.
Researchers from the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANTSO) found that the drugs may impact the brain’s microglial cells, which in turn interfere with the dendritic spines – a key part of the brain’s neurons.
In essence, the drugs slowly cause impact to the part of the brain that electrifies and activates cells.
Millions of Americans use these drugs, and the link between them and an increased risk of cognitive decline later in life has long been known. Researchers are hopeful that their finding will open the door to a new class of drugs that have a lesser long-term impact on brain health.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB