Researchers tested touchscreens at eight different McDonald’s locations and found fecal bacteria on every one of them, according to findings published in Metro.
The British paper tested six locations in London, and two in Birmingham and found enough bacterial matter to put people in the hospital.
Senior lecturer in microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr Paul Matewele told Metro:
We were all surprised how much gut and fecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals. For instance Enterococcus faecalis is part of the flora of gastrointestinal tracts of healthy humans and other mammals. It is notorious in hospitals for causing hospital acquired infections.’
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 316 views