Brand new head of The Border patrol, Chris Magnus:
-In his first message to his men, he referred to the swarm of illegal aliens flooding the border as follows:
CBP’s work includes “welcoming and vetting travelers.”
– 2007, he faced a lawsuit following accusations of making racist jokes towards black police officers while he was police chief of Richmond, Calif
– 2017 he faced sexual harassment and retaliation allegations, which he settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.
– His nomination was opposed by National Sheriffs Association
– His nomination was opposed by the Arizona Sheriffs Association
“..as Tucson chief Magnus did not assist Border Patrol agents and he lacked the experience needed to lead the massive law enforcement organization”.
– Oppposed Trump’s stance on sanctuary cities by writing in a New York Times op-ed that Tucson is not a sanctuary city but takes “pride in being welcoming to immigrants.”
– A Current Border Patrol Agent’s Opinion:
He “is pretty much hated, especially by those of us in the Tucson Sector since we know him. Somehow he has made a career off of hating law enforcement. He destroyed [the Tucson Police Department] and will do the same to CBP as a whole.”
h/t Gypo O’Leary