The actual budget appropriations bill is seven compartments consisting of more than 5,000 pages. However, here is the 29 page summary outlining the key elements as negotiated by congress.
WARNING: This is a bad deal, but it reflects the UniParty reality within congress. Take a deep breath; don’t lash out. Remember, there are very few MAGA minded representatives. This was negotiated by two wings of the same corporate bird and both want open borders.
- Provides $1.375 billion, or $4.325 billion less than the $5.7 billion the Trump administration requested, for a very limited 55 miles of physical barrier that can only be placed along the southern border in *only* the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.
- Contains language allowing only fencing designs in use as of 2017.
- No funding for new border patrol agents above the current on board levels.
- Does not fund the Administration’s request for joint detention facilities.
- No funding for additional enforcement and removal field personnel.
(Via Ryan James Girdusky) Border wall bill is out, here are some highlights:
$415 million for humanitarian aide
$77 million for opioid equipment
1,200 new Customs and Border Patrol Agents (retain current levels)
The bill expands Catch and Release by reducing the number of border beds from 49,060 to 40,520.
No funding for additional enforcement and removal field personnel. – that means no more ICE agents to deport people already in the country.
Expands the Alternatives to Detention program from 82,000 to 100,000… so instead of housing family units at the border- they get moved into the interior where they almost always stay in the country permanently.
Provides $40 million for additional ICE staffing dedicated to overall ATD (Alternatives to Detention) case management, particularly for asylum seekers… so no new ICE agents, but money to ICE to help illegal aliens settle in a non-detention center in the country.
The bill gives over $1 billion for the Smithsonian.
$3.4 billion in refugee assistance – $74 million more than last year.
$4.4 billion in international disaster assistance – $100 million more than last year.
Does not eliminate any foundations that Trump wanted to get rid of including: The Asia Foundation, the U.S. African Development Foundation, the Inter-American Foundation, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
Israel, Ukraine, and Jordan receive $5.3 billion for border security fencing.