Taiwan’s Defence Ministry: 8 Chinese Bombers, 4 Fighters Have Breached Island’s Air Defence ID Saturday Zone
The Taiwanese military has reported the presence of 8 People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) bombers and four fighters in its air defence identification zone (ADIZ) on Saturday,
Taiwan’s Air Force missile defence systems had been deployed to ‘monitor’ the PLAAF aircraft.
The planes were said to include eight H-6K bombers, four J-16 fighters, and a Y-8 ASW aircraft.
“Airborne alert sorties had been tasked, radio warnings issued and air defence missile systems deployed to monitor the activity,” the ROC Ministry of National Defence said in a statement.
US pledges ‘rock-solid’ commitment to Taiwan’s defense after island reports incursion of Chinese bombers & fighter jets
The US has promised to continue aiding Taiwan’s “self-defense capability,” after Taipei reported a flyby involving 13 Chinese military planes. Beijing has been saying the US uses Taiwan to meddle in its domestic affairs.
US State Department spokesperson Ned Price demanded that Beijing “cease its military, diplomatic, and economic pressure against Taiwan,” and engage in “meaningful dialogue” with Taipei instead.
“We will continue to assist Taiwan in maintaining a sufficient self-defense capability,” the statement said. “Our commitment to Taiwan is rock-solid and contributes to the maintenance of peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait and within the region.”
Beijing says Washington’s policies towards Taiwan undermine the ‘One-China policy’ and pose a threat to peace and security in the region.
“We will never allow anyone or any force to stand in the way of national reunification or to meddle in China’s domestic affairs with Taiwan as a pretext,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said earlier this month.
He added that actions that “harm China’s core interests are futile and will be met with resolute responses.”
US Carrier Strike Group Enters South China Sea Amid Tensions Between China, Taiwan
A US carrier strike group has entered the South China sea for routine operations, the US Indo-Pacific Command (INDOPACOM) announced on Sunday amid increased tensions between China and Taiwan.
“The Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group (TRCSG) entered the South China Sea January 23 to conduct routine operations. The TRCSG is on a scheduled deployment to the U.S. 7th Fleet to ensure freedom of the seas, build partnerships that foster maritime security, and conduct a wide range of operations,” INDOPACOM said in a statement.
h/t Dangerous Times
- “You would have a far-Right government in every country in Europe”
- Another domino is starting to fall…
- US Now Lone Suspect in Nord Stream Pipe Bombing
- Fact checkers are quick on damage control for Project Veritas video. He was literally talking about directed evolution of COVID-19. How in the hell is that not clear enough for you?
- The Food Supply is Contaminated With SPIKE PROTEINS
- The Covid Op Was the Catalyst That Propelled the Entire World Into a Soon Fully Digitized Surveillance State
- Have You Heard Of The “Tradwife Movement”?
- This is EXACTLY how they will take away the CASH. So easy it’s RIDICULOUS.
- The Russians are Going to Break Through Bakhmut
- Woman “forgives” her mothers killer, visits him in jail. Upon release woman gives him a job at the decease mothers house and is quickly killed too.