A Canadian town nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains is not a place you would typically expect to have scorching, desertlike temperatures, but that is exactly what happened during the stretch of record-setting heat that continues to bake the region.
During the stretch from Sunday, June 27, to Tuesday, June 29, Lytton, British Columbia, broke the all-time Canadian high-temperature record on three straight days. The stretch of record-setting warmth began on Sunday when the town reached 116 F (46.6 C). The record was broken on Monday with a high of 118 F (47.8 C) and again on Tuesday with an astonishingly high temperature of 121 F (49.6 C).
The previous record-high temperature recorded in Canada was 113 F (45 C) that was set on July, 5 1937, in Midale and Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan.
Despite being at the base of the Canadian Rockies, Lytton is no stranger to sizzling heat. The town previously recorded a temperature of 112 F (44.4 C) in 1941, which stood as the record all-time high temperature for the community until the most recent heat wave.
“The thermometer that recorded the record-setting temperatures likely still has to be checked for accuracy before the new record can be finalized, though this can take some time,” AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski said.
According to the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), British Columbia broke 43 all-time records as of June 28.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically