The Tesla Model S Plaid is the first car in the company’s lineup of vehicles that features a dedicated “Auto Shift” function. Auto Shift taps into Tesla’s Autopilot cameras and neural networks to determine if a vehicle should be in Drive, Neutral, Reverse, and Park. This, according to Elon Musk, will eventually feel natural, so much so that drivers may get annoyed going back to using a gear shifter later on.
A video of the feature in action has recently been shared by a Model S owner who took delivery of his large premium sedan last week. In the minute-long clip, Model S owner Omar Sultan specifically demonstrated how his car’s “Auto Shift out of Park” feature works. And just as Elon Musk hinted, the function does appear to be quite natural, at least to a point.
If you let off the pedal, it stops moving and the hold function kicks in. In my case, once I am done backing out, I swipe on the screen shifter and head on my way. The screen shifter (and "park" button) are visible when the car is not moving.
— Omar #BLM Sultan (@omarsultan) June 13, 2021
- America’s Future is Not So Bleak as You May Be Inclined to Believe
- The Great Currency Crisis of Our Lifetimes Is Starting Now
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- The Truth About the Criminal Sabotage of the Nordstream 1 and 2 Pipelines
- Fired up and blasting the NWO: Italy’s new Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni sums it up perfectly. No wonder the elites and establishment don’t want her to succeed.
- Drunk driving could soon be impossible thanks to new, mandated intrusive computer chips in cars
- The USDA Wants You To Register Your Garden
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alleged Neo-Nazi Kills 15 Including 11 Children in School Shooting
- Credit Crunch Has Arrived To The UK – No One Wants To Invest In A Collapsing Economy!