Sharing is Caring!
- Model 3 is now the best selling premium medium-size sedan in the US. Screenshot from the live stream: i.imgur.com/S3bkx31.png
- Model 3 SR low volume production by the end of this year.
- 5,000/week by the end of this month looks very likely.
- Supercharger V3 will be quite an improvement. Announcement later this year.
- Tesla’s energy sector will grow so much that each year the production will be more than all previous years combined. [Edit: That means production will double each year]
- Next year Gigafactory will produce more car batteries than the rest of the world combined.
- Glass-solar-roof durability life testing continues. They are trying to replicate 30 years of wear and tear with accelerated testing.
- No need to raise money. Positive cash flow in Q3 and Q4.
- Model Y production in 2020, reveal in March 2019.
- New Roadster will have SpaceX option package. The car revealed was the base model.
- JB Straubel: We have the best battery performance at the best price
- Elon: We might achieve $100/kWh at the cell level later this year depending on commodity prices
- Elon: In 2 years we think we will reach $100/kWh at the pack level
- New Gigafactory [battery + cars] will be in Shanghai, China. The announcement will be in next month.
- Model 3 insurance cost should be 20-30% lower than BMW 3 series. We are working with insurance companies.
- Volume production of Standard Range Model 3 in Q1 2019. Initial production before the end of this year.
- Model 3 LR if you order now, you might wait 3-4 months for new US orders
- Model 3 LR AWD new orders will take 12 months Model 3 RHD will take more than 12 months
- New Model 3 production line has started production. Elon is confident about 5,000/week by the end of this month
- Tesla will add body repair sections to some of the service centers. Body repair costs and time will be improved. Same day repairs will be possible for some of the repairs.
- Autopilot on-ramp to off-ramp could be released in a couple of months
- Model 3 lease will be offered at the end of this year or early next year. It has a negative effect on finances.
- We need to achieve 10,000/week next year
- Starlink device to receive connections is the size of a medium size pizza. Not suitable to put on the roof of a car. They will continue to use cellular connections for Tesla cars.
- Virtual grid in Puerto Rico could be possible instead of building new power plants.
- Charge speeds will be improved. 2012 batteries won’t be able to use the improved technology. Only battery packs with the new chemistry can use it.
- Tesla will offer cars with more than 400 miles range down the road.
- Tesla currently uses leather only on the steering wheel. Model Y [in 2020] won’t use any leather.
- Elon: In 2-3 years we might be able to improve battery volumetric density by 20-30%.
- AWD invites will go out next week. Production will start this month. Scaling up through July-Aug. High volume in Sep-Oct.
- Tesla energy storage gross margin target is the same as automotive which is 20-30%. We might reach this by the end of this year or early next year.
- In the next several months the improvement in Autopilot will be quite dramatic.
- Model 3 Tier-1 suppliers didn’t work out well. Tesla is switching those to internal production. There will be still lots of suppliers but these will be mostly Tier-2 and Tier-3.
See also School Board Meeting Cut Short, Parent Arrested after Fiery Speech on CRT, Transgender Policy
Disclaimer: Consult your financial professional before making any investment decision.