The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.
The American press corps has been on a tear over the past year about the death of democracy. They share the talking point with Democrats. In the runup to and aftermath of Jan. 6, 2021, pretty much every news outlet has lamented Republican lies, disinformation, misinformation and assaults on democracy.What the press refuses to acknowledge is their complicity in that death. When anyone suggests it, the press gets defensive and demands a naming of names. The press views itself as above the fray and while individual reporters may play a role, collectively the press thinks itself the champion of democracy and freedom. Unfortunately, the press corps’ collective elitism and lack of both self-awareness and self-reflection is dragging our republic into the grave.Consider two very recent incidents. In the first, Nina Totenberg of National Public Radio set off a firestorm by reporting that Chief Justice John Roberts asked members of the Supreme Court to wear face masks due to Justice Sonia Sotomayor’s health. Totenberg reported Justice Neil …
- The NOPEC Bill Could Send Oil Prices To $300…HERE WE GO!
- Crypto losses now equal $1.7 trillion. The 2007 subprime mortgage market was $1.3 trillion. It’s highly likely that Crypto will be the catalyst for accelerated global collapse.
- DIESELGEDDON – America’s diesel supply on verge of catastrophic collapse, leading to HALTING of food, fertilizer, coal and energy
- Kim Dotcom – What is the end game?
- AI cameras being deployed across the United States
- Sudden rise of unvaccinated children with liver damage, were breastfed (by fully vaccinated mothers)
- Investors are selling stocks, bonds, gold and silver like its 2008
- Vodka Skeletor (Pelosi) opens liquor store in Congress. drinks.house.gov, delivered to congress offices!
- Now We Are Being Told To Expect Food And Diesel Shortages For The Foreseeable Future
- Real estate – the biggest Ponzi scheme in history