On Wednesday, a moderator from the popular Reddit forum r/antiwork bombed a Fox News interview that led other moderators to take immediate action by temporarily making the subreddit “private.”
A 30yo moderator named “Doreen,” a self-proclaimed dog-walker who works 20 to 25 hours per week, spoke with Fox News anchor Jesse Watters about the subreddit where users discuss the need for labor reforms due to overworking, terrible pay, and awful pandemic working conditions.
Watters told Doreen he disagreed with the group, saying it suppressed ambition.
“Why do you like the idea of being home, not working, but still getting paid by corporate America,” Watters asked.
“We’re a movement where we want to reduce the amount of work people feel they are forced to do,” Doreen said. “We want to put it in effort, put in labor, but we don’t necessarily want to be in a position where we feel trapped.”
Unconvinced, Watters told the moderator about the potential consequences of preaching anti-work. “It sounds like people are being lazy. Are you encouraging people to be lazy?”
“It’s good to have rest, that doesn’t mean you should rest all the time or not be putting time into things you care about,” Doreen responded.
Doreen, unprepared for the interview, got what Fox News wanted: paint the group as “lazy.”
h/t ignorance is its own punishment
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- From 1958, 2003/06 – CDC Vaccine Adverse Events, Smallpox – Holy Hell
- A large fire is spreading from a pallet yard behind the US Foods distribution center in Phoenix, Arizona
- Madison Cawthorn Kicked Out of Congress for Blowing the Whistle on GOP Orgies and Calling Out Zelensky
- 5th Circuit Court finds SEC operates unconstitutionally
- A “Smallpox-Like Virus” Has Now Spread To Spain, Portugal And The United States
- Is the next Great Muppet Reaping at hand?
- 12 Nightmarish Economic Trends That We Should Expect To See During The 2nd Half Of 2022
- The Only Thing Clear Over the Last Two Years is that Covid-19 Never Existed?