When Russia invaded Ukraine, the world came together and weaponized the financial system against Vladimir Putin and his close associates. Now with massive #inflation, the cost of living is going through the roof.
The problem, according to Louis-Vincent Gave, is that in freezing the assets of Russian oligarchs, the legal system that protects all of us is undermined. And it’s “very hard to put Humpty Dumpty back together again,” says Gave, the CEO of Gavekal Research.
The rules have changed, making it difficult for investors to deploy capital. Gave joins Jared Dillian, the editor of the Dirtnap, to discuss the consequences of war in Eastern Europe, including the acceleration of deglobalization as well as the onset of what looks now to be permanently high energy prices. Recorded on April 19, 2022.
- Biden Tells NATO That the US Supreme Court is Destabilizing the World
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Liz Cheney is gonna get smoked by this woman…
- Democrats don’t want to hear it, but this needed to happen…
- Are You Willing To Suffer Through A Recession For The Good Of “The Liberal World Order”?
- Black Privilege is Real in America
- A Quick Word on EVs and Oil Prices
- Zelensky Orders NATO to Pay $5 Billion a Month to Cover Costs of Pretending There’s a Chance to Win
- ‘Highly comical but sinister’ London LGBTQ+ flag display
- American Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Miserably